8.27.2012

NY Nanny Diaries: Meet Madeline!

So enough about how it happened.... Without further adue: 
Meet The Girls! 

~Madeline~ 
7 Years old 
Likes:
-Star Wars Legos
-The Color Blue
-Anything that shoots 
-Vanilla Ice Cream
-Playing Tag
-Drawing 
-Swimming 
-Football aka The Jets! (Obsessed)
-Playing with the 'boys'
-Pretending to be a Superstar
-Bagel Bites 
-Disney Channel 
-Bubble Baths
-Smoothies
-Phineas and Ferb 
-Torturing her cat 'Willow'
-Hot Dogs
-Water with Ice
-Sliced or Peeled Apples
-Dancing 
-Playing on her D.S. and Ipod Touch
-Playing 'Masseuse" and giving Kayley back massages :)
-Presents 

Dislikes: 
-Anything Pink
-Putting things away 
-Eating at the dinner table 
-Taking showers 
-When her hair gets tangled 
-Spicy Food
-'Little Kid' Things (she's an adult now) 
-Anyone who doesn't like the Jets 
-Dolls 
-When her little sister whines 
-Grocery Shopping
-Taking Naps 
-Chores

Madeline. Aka: Maddy. MadDog. Mads. Mad-el-oo. Madsy. 

When I first arrived, Maddy was a lot more shy than her sister. She was a little hesitant and afraid to talk to me. But the moment I told them I had presents for them, she came running over and that's when I realized the shyness is just an act! It's true. Even the smallest present is the way to her heart... smart girl!  Maddy is my buddy. She's old enough to have a legitimate conversation with me that doesn't revolve around Beauty and the Beast or tea parties. 

She is extremely active and more busy than any other 7 year old I know! Just in the past 6 months she has participated in: Tae Kwon Do, Lacrosse, Golf, Multiple Clubs at school and most recently: Swim team.

 This was her first year participating in the Country Club's Swim Team and it was an adventure to say the least. I took her to practice every morning and the anticipation of the first swim meet kept growing more and more, till finally it was time. I think I was more nervous than she was! 
This was Maddy's First Swim Meet! 

Right before her turn to swim, she ran over to me very nervous... almost in a panic. I told her that I would be watching the entire time and all she needed to do was pretend like it was practice and no matter what I would be proud of her! She gave me a hug (this is rare) and ran back to her position. I told her to look for me at the end of her lane before she swims. 
She got on the block. 
She looked at me. 
I gave her a thumbs up
She gave one back.
She took her position.
Gun Fires.

Before I knew it she was reaching for the wall and the race was over.
FIRST PLACE! 
I was so proud
She got up out of the pool.
I gave her a huge hug.
I told her she won.
She smiled and said "Duh", ripped off her cap and skipped away to her friends. 
So humble. ;) 
Every swim meet after that, the same routine played over and over again.
She improved her time almost every meet consistently and each time the race started with a thumbs up. 
She's quite the little fish. 

Mads Sportin the Friendship Bracelet I Made Her
Mads and her bestie "Louise" with their signs for the Swim Invitational.
Go Westchester Hill!


Here's her very first, 1st Place Ribbon :)
For the Swim Invitational, I painted this on the entire Swim Team's Backs.
They Loved It! Haha


Madeline also loves to sing and dance. Although, she'll never admit it. This video was an attempt to catch her singing to "Super Bass" in the car when she was listening to her Ipod Touch. Although you can't really hear her singing, the best part is when she catches me taping her. I don't know if she was more embarrassed that I caught her singing, or that I caught her wearing pink sparkly glasses ;) This gives you a good idea of the fun times we have together :) Whatta little sass



Always building something! 

Mads with her Golf Buddies! 
MadDog And "KK" 4Eva :)

Madeline is adventurous, protective, caring, athletic, curious, competitive, sassy and forever my little best friend :) 






No comments:

Post a Comment