2.26.2012

Since It's Sunday...

Caution: This post is a cheesy. But hey, it's Sunday.

Recently, I have been thinking, reading, feeling, studying the basics and perceptions of Life


Whether it has been apart of my science classes, my personal scripture study or daily, life encounters, the study of Life and it's complexity has circled the wavelengths of my brain on this ongoing but yet exciting roller-coaster (probably the giant one at Disneyland that is shaped out of Mickey's head) because quite frankly, no one (assuming everyone is like me) wants to get off.

The conclusion I have made is, any way you look at life, you see love


Meet: 
Naomi Rees Christensen 

Yes: That is the cutest baby in the world
Yes: We are related. 
No: She's not for sale. 

On February 17th at 4:20am I officially became an Auntie
My oldest brother Ryan and his beautiful wife Makayla became the lucky parents of this beautiful, precious, fragile, absolutely perfect little spirit.
I got on a flight and flew home the day she was born. 
I can't even explain the amount of love that empowered over me the moment the 9 months of anticipation and excitement met the reality of the much waited event, when she was placed into my arms for the first time. She opened her perfected, round brown eyes and just stared at me straight in the face, kinda sayin "Hey! I know who you are! We are going to be best friends!".

This is where I learned that sometimes the most powerful feeling of love can come without saying any words.  It was the moment I decided I believed in love at first sight. 

(I know you're ready to pull out your spoon and gag yourself, but first why don't you take a gander at some of these pictures... then I think you'll change your mind). 







I JUST CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF HER!! 

(I promise this corn-fest is almost over) 

When I very first held Naomi in my arms, I couldn't help thinking of the love she was about to encounter for the rest of her life. I had never seen such a real-life witness of the miracle of God's creations and the power that they can have over me. It has made me challenge myself to look at the world with a better pair of glasses... glasses that see things in the perfect state that God made them. 

Life and Love are two powerful things. But are only possible together. No matter who you are, where you come from or who you have in your life, you are loved! If it's not by direct family members, it's by your creator. The one who knows you best. The one that no matter what you do, or how many times you give up, one thing stays the same. 1. He'll never stop loving. 2. he'll never, e v e r, give up on you. 

Only with Life and Love can come perfection. Similarly, because of the life Christ led on earth can we become perfect thru this {infinite atonement}. The same atonement that was only made possible due to the absolute, undying, love He has for each one of us. {in life, everything is connected! amazing!}

Ryan and Makayla are going to be amazing parents. I could see it from the moment I first walked into the hospital room. Yes, it's a huge responsibility. They are new parents so they are going to have to figure out a bunch of scary things on their own, but I know that their {love} for her will conquer any {fear} that they might have and that, ladies and gents, (from the perspective of a single, inexperienced, college student) is the recipe for {perfect parenting}. 

Where there is life there is love.
Life > Fear.

And because it's Sunday.... 



But now, I must hit the hay and get my beauty sleep....because I don't know about you, but this week for me is gonna be full of a lot of livin' and a lot of lovin'!
(take that how you want it).... Goodnight!


2 comments:

  1. Kaylley! She is adorable! I remember when I became an aunt back in August... it was the greatest feeling. And it is amazing how much love I felt immediately towards James:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How cute! New born babies are so heart melting! :)

    xoxo,
    TM

    taylormorgandesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete